On the day of an exam the last thing you probably want to think about is making breakfast. But having something to eat is important to help you perform well. First off, a rumbling tummy will be distracting during the exam. Second, a good breakfast can help your concentration during the day, which is vital for your exams.
This oatmeal recipe is perfect for exam day because you can make it the night before. All you have to do in the morning is take it out of the fridge and it’s ready to eat- absolutely no messing around!
You might know from my granola bar recipe that I love oats. They’re a great source of complex carbohydrates and long lasting energy. This recipe also include chia seeds as a source of protein and omega 3’s as well as banana and berries to add sweetness and get you on your way to 5-a-day.
I made this in an empty jar, but you could just make it in a bowl if you wanted.
- Around 40-50g Rolled oats
- 1 serving (8g) of chia seeds
You can buy tubes with individual servings from the supermarket.
- 1/2 banana
- Frozen berries
- Milk of your choice (I used rice milk)
Method – The evening before your exam.
- Mash the banana and add it to the jar.
- Next add enough oats to fill the jar halfway and mix everything together.
- Add enough milk to cover the oats and stir again. Add a little bit more milk (the chia seeds will soak it up).
- Add your frozen berries on top and place it in the fridge overnight.
If you’ve made it in a bowl cover it in cling film before you put it in the fridge.
In the morning simply take the jar out of the fridge and enjoy.
What’s your typical exam day breakfast?
And are you going to try this recipe?
Healthy & Psyched