To celebrate the end of exams, I made this delicious chocolate cake. It was a real treat for the end of term, so I thought i’d share it with you!
Ingredients for the cake:
- 2 eggs
- 120g of self-raising flour, caster sugar and butter
- 35g of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of boiling water
Ingredients for the topping:
- 65g of dark chocolate, and butter
- 125g of icing sugar
- Beat together the flour, butter, eggs and caster sugar until smooth.
- Mix the boiling water and cocoa power into a stiff paste and add to the mixture.
- Put into a small baking tin, lined with greaseproof paper, and cook at 180 degrees for around 40 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, mix the butter and icing sugar until smooth.
- Melt the chocolate over boiling water, then when this is cool, add to the mixture.
- Spread the topping all over the cake (once cool!)
- Add extra chocolate for decoration if you wish! (I added minstrels)