Here is a list of things that you should make sure to tick off before you finish your degree, be sure to take advantage of everything that Sheffield has to offer!
- Make a point of attending a gig due to Sheffield’s rich musical heritage. Venues such as the Leadmill have hosted bands such as Coldplay, The Killers and Sheffield’s own Arctic Monkeys. Tickets are reasonably priced and usually include entry to the club night afterwards so it’s easy to make a night out of it.
- If you fancy something a little classier, a trip to the theatre may be in order. Whilst theatre tickets are usually out of the price range of most students, the Live for Five scheme allows 16-26 year olds to purchase two tickets for the price of £5 each. Whilst tickets are limited and sell quickly, you can sign up to the mailing list so that you can buy tickets as soon as listings are released.
- Visit Corporation one last time. Corporation is perhaps the rite of passage for Sheffield students and becomes a mecca to students looking for the cheapest night out possible. Paying homage to this place that holds so many memories is surely a must before you eventually finish your degree.
- Ride the Arts Tower paternoster. Sometimes it’s the simple things that are the best, and with the increasing rarity of a paternoster it would be a shame not to ride one when it’s so easily accessible.
- Visit the Peak District. With such an outstanding area of natural beauty available right on Sheffield’s doorstep, take some time to explore the gorgeous natural landscape. With a multitude of attractions, from the llama farm to Chatsworth House, there’s something for everyone.