I love uni and Sheffield is great but having said that there are still things I miss from home:
- My dogs, the cute little legends, above.
- Having a bath, what students can afford to have a bath!?
- Not having to cook, it’s really tedious and I eat something I’ve spent 20 minutes cooking in 2 minutes.
- Free food (well everything at home that’s free really….)
- House temperature (my uni house is roasting – no, we don’t have the heating on yet, just my house back home is really cold. It probably wouldn’t feel out of place in the arctic).
- Free lifts/transport – it sounds lazy but sometimes I really can’t be bothered to walk from the union to the IC.
- Flat terrain. Over summer I’ve lost all my fitness, just me being lazy again really.
- Derby County football club, obviously.
- Going down the local – despite the expensive village prices, there’s nowhere better than the Sherwood Ranger.
- My cat, down below.
Although the same can be said about when I go back home. Here’s the things I miss about uni when back home:
- Independence, simple.
- City life. Sheffield has a great buzz about it and it’s what I miss most.
- Sport, because sport is life.
- Uni mates.
- Something constantly happening – I love that no matter what day it is there’s something on, be it in Sheffield or at uni.
- Endless opportunities.If I didn’t need to sleep I could be on the go 24/7.
- Living with mates. Its great fun and someone’s always about to have a laugh with.
- The Peak District – it’s fantastic how it’s just a stone’s throw from the city.
- Notty house: it comes close to the Ranger – great pies and pub quiz.
- Yorkshire people, they’re the best.
I will admit I wrote this blog purely so I can use my pets to get attention; their photos are much more interesting than anything I’ve written and I make no apologies for that.